Data Engineer- Up To £43K- Manchester (Once A Week)
Are you keen to see your work support your local community? Want what you do to directly impact thousands of people and help make their lives better? This could be the perfect role for you
We’re working with a client who are undergoing a huge Digital Transformation and over the past couple of years have massively grown the IT and Tech function. Due to this growth, they are looking for MULTIPLE Data Engineers to work in a small highly collaborative team who are working purely on greenfield projects for the business.
Your work as a Data Engineer will have a huge impact on the business as a whole, supporting the build of data pipelines. The business is at early days of the implementation of data strategy, and implementing the right platform for the job.
What will you be doing?
This isn’t a role for someone whose just used to working and running 3rd party software or analysing the data. As their Data Engineer you’ll be very hands on, and working very closely with the wider team researching new tools and technology.
What’s in it for you?
- Design, build and maintenance of greenfield Data infrastructure, pipelines and ETL Processes into a brand new platform that will allow analysts to pull the data freely
- Using Cloud tools (AWS or Azure) and coding using Python, Scala or SQL
- Identifying new methods, tools, techniques, and opportunities to deliver value through data engineering and insights.
- Performing thorough testing and validation to support the accuracy of data transformations.
- Delivering a solution for how data is governed, stored, accessed, and managed across a vast range of complex datasets.
- R&D- The team are very open to using the right tools for the job rather than just an existing skillset… if there’s something that you have used previously that you think can work, they want to know about it.
- Up to £43k salary
- Hybrid working (once a week in Manchester office)
- Initial 27 days+ bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Enhanced Pension
- R&D and Training Budgets (They will pay for any certifications)
back to jobs
This is the perfect role for a Data Engineer looking to expand their skillset and put their stamp on something that will greatly affect your local community.
Apply now to find out more!